This article is written in collaboration with New Wave Doors – the leading provider of the New Wave Door System – An alternative to bifold doors in Bristol.
Challenges from the Global Pandemic as well as issues around global markets looking to put pressures on the amount that homeowners have to spend. Although holidays have been reduced which was an event that caused a spike in spending on Home Improvement in 2020 – is now the time in 2021 to consider home improvement? The house market across several major countries has seen a positive increase in terms of house costs so is now the time to consider investing in your home? Find out why now is the perfect time to invest in your home.
There are a Range of Products That Increase the Value Of Your Home
Home owners are often put off by the seemingly large costs for larger home improvement projects. There are a lot of projects that may seem daunting because of the amount that is needed to invest, however there are a number of products that can add a good deal of value and desirability when it’s time to sell your property to the next buyer.
- Extending your kitchen with an extension such as a side extension can increase the value of your home overall by up to 15% on average.
- Conversions such as loft conversions can add 15% on average with celler conversions potentially netting you a whopping 30% increase!
- Adding a conservatory extension and using it as a living space or functional room can increase the value of your home by up to 10%
As you can see – these products are a great investment overall in terms of the overall value of your property. You also need to remember that the more improvements are made to a property – the percentages stack overvall to increase the value of investments further.
Should I Consider Upgrading My Doors & Windows?
Doors and Windows are another range of products that are thrown into the mix when looking at home improvement. They are also not to be underestimated on increasing the value of your home – offering around a 3-5% average increase respectively. Apart from increasing the value of your property – there are other hidden benefits.
- Upgrading to Triple-Glazing or energy efficient glass will see your home become more efficient – as this can help cut down on energy costs.
- Security is of understandable priority to many homeowners. Insurance rates will also be determined by the amount of security that your home has and the difficulity that thieves will have breaking in so you can see money returned from saving on your insurance policy.
Smaller Home Improvement Ideas!
For those that are adverse to carrying out a large home improvement project or don’t have the capital to invest in the above products – there are a number of smaller scale home improvement projects that are extremely cheap and can go a great way to increase the desirability of your property when it’s time to sell or allows you to add your own personal touch to your home. Take a look at some of our ideas below:
- You don’t need to reinvent the wheel with some projects. Some people think that you need to redesign an entire kitchen when thinking of home improvement – why not repaint or change your handles?
- Repainting your property is a cheap way to give your home new life and can increase the desirability of your home.
- If you have an outdoor space then there are a number of plants or other features that you can add to your garden. These are fun projects that can also increase the desirability of your home.