For everything to work out when realizing the dream of owning a home, it is necessary to plan the purchase, study the payment options and take care of all the bureaucracy involved. It’s a lot to deal with.
That’s why we’ve prepared this article on what to know before buying an apartment! It will help you find out exactly what to check before buying a property. So, if you’re looking for your first apartment or want to move to another one, keep reading!
After all, what to know before buying an apartment? It’s time to learn about purchase planning, financing, and documentation! Our tips are simple, but gathering all the information can be difficult if you don’t know anything about real estate. That way, talk to a broker because he will guide you through all the processes. That said, let’s get to the tips!
The timing of the change will directly affect your purchase and payment options. After all, if you need to move urgently, it’s no use buying an apartment on the floor plan that will take time to be ready. On the other hand, if you’re not in a hurry, you can save more to offer a larger down payment or even buy in cash. So, take into account your plans and the timeframe you have for the change.
One of the first things to know before buying an apartment is the budget you have available. So, study your income guarantees and do the math! Also, remember that you can use the FGTS (Service Time Guarantee Fund) at purchase.
Last but not least, among what to check before buying a property are the necessary documents. So, if you’re ready to buy an apartment, you can start separating the documentation!
- Copy of RG;
- Copy of CPF;
- Proof of address;
- Birth certificate or proof of marital status;
- Work Card and FGTS extract, if invested in the purchase.
- For those who are married, the spouse must present the same documents mentioned above, observing the regime established in the Marriage Certificate: a community of goods or separation (with pact);
- For those who have a stable union, it is necessary to present a copy of the public deed of the prenuptial agreement;
- For divorced buyers, it is necessary to present a marriage certificate with registration or term of hearing;
- For foreigners who do not reside in the country, it is necessary to have a copy of the CPF and passport, a public power of attorney for an individual, in addition to an RG, and proof of residence of this attorney.
- For self-employed or micro-entrepreneurs, it is possible to prove income through the Income Tax declaration, the last bank transactions, and a pro-labor from the company.
- RG or another photo ID;
- Birth or marriage certificate;
- Proof of income;
- Work card;
- Three last paychecks, if you work with a formal contract;
- Proof of tax status, which must be in order.
The partner must also present the documentation listed above for those who are married or have a stable relationship.
These are usually requested documents by Quadwalls, but the documentation required for credit analysis varies by the financial institution. Therefore, you should check with your bank for the necessary documents. If a legal entity will make the purchase or you want to know the essential documents for the purchase and the sale, you can check the complete list in this other article.