Led lights are one of the latest and smartest lighting technologies. They have won our hearts in terms of brightness, energy efficiency, and durability. More and more people are installing led bulbs in their homes and offices these days. The biggest benefit of replacing regular lights with residential led lights is revealed by The United States Department of Energy, stating that residential led lights use 75% lesser energy as compared to other incandescent lights.
The reasonable prices, energy saving nature, safety, and low maintenance costs have literally made every other man replace his home and office lighting with led lights. Not only these, but led bulbs have many other benefits and key features. Want to know everything about led lights? – Read the below-listed points for that.
What does led stand for?
Led is a short name used for Light emitting diode. Actually, a diode is device that allows the flow of current. It has two electrodes i.e. cathode and anode. These light emitting diodes are made up of semiconductor materials that emit visible light when current passes through them.
Basically, a Led light bulb does just the opposite to a photovoltaic cell which converts visible light into electrical current.
Important things to know about led light bulbs-
- Various types available- Led lights come in different types according to different needs. Their types are-
- Mini LEDs
- Application-oriented LEDs
- High intensity LEDs
- Alphanumeric (segmented) LEDs
- LEDs for lighting purposes
- RGB LEDs
All these different types of Led lights have different uses depending upon their intensity, brightness, energy consumption, and cathode-anode configurations.
- Color options for different rooms- Led bulbs come in different color options i.e. color tones. They have warm, neutral and cool white tones that are designed to support your mindsets for your bedroom, office and living room respectively. The warm tone is soft and creates a calm and relaxed atmosphere. But the neutral white tone creates a focused and attentive mindset. However, the cool white tone encourages entertainment and fun-lovingness.
- Attractive led lights in ceiling- LED technology is also introduced to transform ceiling lights. Led lights for various ceiling designs are-
- Mounted ceiling lights-
- Flush lights
- Recessed lights
- Semi-flush lights
- Utility lighting
- Indirect Led lighting
- Hanging ceiling lights
- Pendant lights
- Inverted pendant lights
- Track and rail lighting
- Island lighting
- Glass ceiling lights
- Fabric lighting
- Crystal lighting, and many more.
You can have thousands of ceiling light options while opting for led lights instead of your regular halogen lights.
- Ideal energy saving lights- It is an undeniable fact that led light bulbs are the most energy efficient lighting options. They absorb just 15% as the energy consumed by a normal halogen bulb and give out 85% of the lighting results. Moreover, they do not waste any energy in producing heat.
- Budget-friendly lighting options- A led bulb price might surprise because of the difference from that of other incandescent lamps. Besides being cheaper, they will effectively reduce your electricity bills too. They are undeniably the most affordable and budget-friendly lighting options.
Conclusion- You might just know about the low-power and lower energy consuming led bulbs. But this technology has also introduced high power and high intensity lightings and that too in reasonable price range.