If you’re interested in purchasing new large area rugs, then you’re undoubtedly going to need some help when it comes to decorating with such massive flooring options.
The good news is that you don’t have to go through this long, arduous home décor process all by yourself, because there are plenty of interior design specialists and rug industry experts that’ll help you ensure that you’re getting the perfect area rugs for you and your unique needs.
We’ve teamed up with the team at Rug Source to help us develop this list of crucial tips to keep in mind while decorating with large area rugs, so take it from the pros in that this is what you should keep in mind while you’re going through this shopping process!
Compile Your Home Décor Thoughts While You’re Getting Started
It’s understandable if you’re having trouble narrowing down your best options for your new area rugs, but you should always know what sizes work best for your spaces at the beginning stages of your search. When it comes to large area rugs, knowing precise dimensions will go a very long way towards narrowing down your search.
You should also consider what you what your rug to achieve, how your accommodations will expand your rug décor, and how certain rugs will change your room’s overall environment.
Choosing Rug Size & Location
Some rug shoppers believe that color schemes are the most important part of rug shopping, however there are many other things that you should keep in mind while you’re planning out your home décor themes. You don’t want your rugs to be too big or too small, because this will end up leaving your room looking awkward.
That’s why you should always consider the shape of your room while you’re choosing the shape of your new area rug, and you should also make sure that your new area rug accommodates at least the front legs of all your primary furniture pieces. You should also make sure that there’s a significant amount of space between your rugs and your walls when you are looking to stretch a large area rug across the entire floor plan.
Understanding How Much Edge Space To Leave
It’s common home décor sense to consider that large area rugs will subsequently make a room appear much larger, but a lot of homeowners struggle when it comes to understanding just how close you can go to your walls with your new area rug. This is something that’s undoubtedly debated throughout the interior design world, and the conventional idea is to leave about 18 inches or more of space between your rugs and your walls so you’re at the very least showing some of your bare floors.
More Tips On How To Decorate With Large Area Rugs
There certainly is a lot that homeowner should keep in mind while decorating with large area rugs, so we’ve compiled this list below to help you out:
- There isn’t any kind of restriction in terms of how many area rugs you can utilize within any given room, and rug layering just so happens to be a very popular method that more and more people are implementing. This is effective when it comes to adding texture to your floor plan.
- Change your large area rugs based upon seasons, so try rich, warm colors during the winter and cooler colors during the summer.
- Purchase large area rugs within your budget to maximize your area rug’s overall décor impact.
- Use contemporary colors that match your wall décor when you’re wanting a well-rounded ambience for your room.
- Choose a contrasting rug pattern or color when you want to develop a strong impact for your new area rug, as compared to the rest of your room’s décor.
- Rugs can also be used as wall art! This can develop really unique textures and colors along your walls that will truly be unique as compared to other pictures.
- Always double-check your measurements before finalizing your next rug purchases!
Reach Out To The Experts At Rug Source For More Information About Shopping For Large Area Rugs!
There’s a lot that rug shoppers need to keep in mind while they’re shopping for large area rugs, and this page really is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to everything you’ll need to know.
You can learn more about shopping for large area rugs by going through the link at the top of the page to learn more from the rug industry experts at Rug Source themselves!